Job Title: Accounting Specialist / Administrative Assistant
Job Description: Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group Accounting Specialist will be responsible for working in a cross-functional environment which includes invoice filing, indexing, vendor setup, vendor/customer relations, payment processing, and overseeing receivables. The Accounting Specialist must complete below duties with accuracy, efficiency and in accordance with departmental and company procedures, policies and state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that invoices are processed in a timely fashion to take advantage of terms and discounts offered.
- Ensure that use tax, if applicable, is applied.
- Posts payment, stops payments, voids, and reverses invoices.
- Prints and distributes the AP checks.
- Input credit and debits to the accounting system in support of the payables work.
- Assists vendors and clients with inquiries regarding issues of payment.
- Ensures all vendors and customers are set up correctly and reviews their information for accuracy, legibility, and that necessary documents have been provided.
- Reviews aging reports.
- Performs timely and adequate collection efforts.
- Work with Director of Finance as well as core management team to research, test, plan, design and enhance workflow systems and processes.
- Makes recommendations for operational enhancements that would provide for more streamlined processes or compliance while maintaining maximum customer service to all vendors and clients.
- Maintain confidential files and honor the integrity of all information, whether written or verbal.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management.
- Perform any clerical work as needed.
- Maintain a professional, neat, clean, organized and efficient office environment.
- Actively participate in a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, accountability.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Preferred B.S. Accounting.
- 2 years experience in accounting or accounts payable desk.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proven, solid MS Word & Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to sit for extensive time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.