Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Job Description: Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group Accounting Specialist will be responsible for working in a cross-functional environment which includes invoice filing, indexing, vendor setup, vendor/customer relations, payment processing, and overseeing receivables. The Accounting Specialist must complete below duties with accuracy, efficiency and in accordance with departmental and company procedures, policies and state and federal regulations.
- Ensure that invoices are properly routed to the various properties for payment approval.
- Ensures that invoices are processed in a timely fashion to take advantage of terms and discounts offered.
- Ensure that use tax, if applicable, is applied.
- Ensures that controls are maintained to prevent duplicate payments.
- Posts payment, stops payments, voids, and reverses invoices.
- Prints and distributes the AP checks.
- Assists vendors and clients with inquiries regarding issues of payment.
- Ensures all vendors and customers are set up correctly and reviews their information for accuracy, legibility, and that necessary documents have been provided.
- Verifies all W-8 / W-9 information.
- Ensures accurate, organized and current AP records are maintained and record retention requirements are met.
- Work with Director of Finance as well as core management team to research, test, plan, design and enhance workflow systems and processes.
- Reviews and recommends new or revised practices and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of the AP function while protecting company assets.
- Makes recommendations for operational enhancements that would provide for more streamlined processes or compliance while maintaining maximum customer service to all vendors and clients.
- Reviews aging reports
- Research and process invoice adjustment requests
- Performs timely and adequate collection efforts
- Actively participate in a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, accountability.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Preferred B.S. Accounting
- 2 years experience in accounting or accounts payable desk.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry.
- Excellent customer service skills
- have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proven, solid Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to sit for extensive time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.