Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group (EFHG) is a “Farm to Fork” concept that practices sustainable, beyond organic, environmentally friendly techniques. In addition to two farms, we own and operate two celebrated restaurants, have a Special Events and catering team, sell our produce wholesale, and are beginning to launch a retail operation. We are pioneering a new food system frontier by blending our farm and restaurants to create one self-sustaining organism. Firmly rooted within our Central Illinois community, we are actively engaged in reconnecting our neighbors to their food's source, while nurturing a better understanding of food, health, and well-being.
Extended On-Site Internships
4-6 intern positions available
This is a great opportunity for young, passionate farmers seeking to learn more about sustainable agriculture at the heart of a farm-to-fork hospitality group. At the farm we harness ideas from a wide range of agricultural theories including permaculture and intensive pasture rotation to cultivate a multitude of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and animals, with plans to do much more. We are excited to partner with Roots to Fruits landscape design team in the ecological optimization of our land, and we seek interns who are equally excited to help transform the land around them and grow delicious food.
Our extended interns will stay with us for one season, living and working on our farm property in Downs, IL. This unique opportunity is perfect for natural leaders, hard workers, quick learners, and those who can excel in both independent and team-oriented environments. Work will include fruit and vegetable production (planting, weeding, harvesting, washing, packaging), tending to livestock, record-keeping, and basic maintenance of farm equipment. In addition we may ask you to assist with design and development of the property, coordination of farm tours, delivering goods, and more. Due to the holistic nature of our operation, we seek interns with 1 year of agriculture experience.
- Season-long (Apr-Nov)
- 40-60 hours of work per week (varies depending on time of year and weather conditions) is expected in exchange for lodging and meals
- May offer stipend based on qualifications and experience
- Lodging (Downs, IL)
- Two rooms which can accommodate a maximum of two couples. A third room will be added by April to accommodate up to one more couple.
- Separate basement access
- Communal first floor access
- Full bathroom for each room
- Access to home movie theater
- Languages: English and Korean
- Please note: Events such as weddings will occasionally be held on the property during the intern’s stay. Special accommodations will be made to ensure the coexistence of all parties.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references with contact information to apply.
We offer students hands-on experience working for a unique farm-to-table hospitality group in a variety of settings. In cooperation with the student’s university, interns will receive college credit for their efforts, but more importantly, will develop strong skillsets and forge new relationships. Each internship is unpaid and extends 12 to 15 weeks, depending on school requirement, availability, and company need.
- Semester-long (Fall, Spring, and Summer available)
- 15-20 hours of work per week (varies depending on time of year)
Sustainable agriculture internship (up to 3 available per semester)
- Livestock focus: Feeding, transporting, and general care for livestock
- Perennial and Orchard focus: Planting, mulching, weeding, pruning, harvesting, and general care for plants and the land
- Vegetable production focus: Planting, weeding, harvesting, washing, and packaging of produce, and general care for plants and the land
- For this internship, we seek students pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Environmental Studies, or related fields.
Public Relations and Marketing internship (1 available per semester)
- Work closely with Administrative Officer on website development, social media marketing, menu and promotion development, and performing administrative tasks.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Tools, Adobe programs, social media platforms, and web design a plus.
- For this internship, we seek students pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, Business Management, or related fields.
Special Events internship (1 available per semester)
- Work closely with Director of Special Events in planning and carrying out events on a variety of scales.
- For this internship, we seek students pursuing a degree in Communication, Public Relations, Business Management, or related fields.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and up to 2 references with contact information to apply.