Job Title: Sous Chef (Kitchen Manager)
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Knowledge and implementation of knife skills.
- Exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail.
- Versatility and the ability to think on one's feet.
- Assist team members as needed in execution of service.
- Ensure a high level of product quality and take action to correct irregularities.
- Effectively communicate with management, kitchen, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests or other employees.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, and department.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Read, measure, and execute recipes properly.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Assist in overseeing culinary operations consistent with the strategies and vision of Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group.
- Assist in overseeing Human Resources responsibilities to include: performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction, quality hiring.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork.
- Assist Executive Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
- Delegate work assignments
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in clerical duties regarding staff and kitchen operations such as payroll and staff files etc.
- Perform any job related duties
- At least 3 years of professional kitchen experience
- At least 3 years of experience in management
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary and cooking techniques
- An understanding of the business's concept, approach towards sustainability
- A working knowledge of knives, knife skills, and small wares equipment
- Interest in and passion for creating a vertically integrated food system
- Readiness to learn and improve skills
- Working knowledge of health, safety, and sanitation procedures
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent customer skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Work varied shifts, including weekend and holidays
- Sense of urgency, Positive attitude, Team player
- Able to walk/stand the entire shift
- Lift up to 50lbs.
- Can handle working in a hot environment
- Execute repetitive motion
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, and walk up/down stairs
If you are interested in applying for this position, please press "Apply" below and fill out the online application.